Friday, September 9, 2011

You Gotta Risk It

"You gotta risk it to get the biscuit." I am sure there are hundreds of times when I have used this philosophy, but the only time I can think of right now is when I was little and I had a pool in my backyard. The rule was I couldn't swim unless my parents were outside with me. Anyway this one morning there was a really cool bug swimming around in the water and I wanted to catch it. So I went and got my little mason jar, and layed on the side of the pool trying to catch this bug, but I couldn't reach it. So i made the decision to get down on the later and stretch out for this bug. I was so close that I thought if I just reached a hair ore I would be able to reach it. So I went for it and as soon as I got to full stretch and just about to scoop up the bug, PING! the later broke off the hinges and here goes fully clothed eight year old Branden into the pool. Needless to say I hoped out of the water rather quickly, but not before letting out a slight scream. Right when
I got out of the water and calmed down a little bit I looked up and there was my dad...

1 comment: